Here is a look at what is happening world world with the electric drive and related topics.
- Volt Low Batteries, Now What? If we all know the Volt operates on batteries and relies on an internal combustion engine, ICE to recharge the pack, how does it drive with the gas engine on? According to Lyndsey Brooke at the NYTimes, it is smooth and without hiccups. Good job GM.
- Toshiba Looking For 5 Contracts For Lithium Titanate. According to a report in the Financial Times of London via Edmunds, Toshiba says it is looking for 5 electric vehicle, EV car makers to introduce its newly developed lithium titanate technology. Hopefully they will find more.
- John, Ginetta And The EuroTunnel! John Surtees finally made it through the Eurotunnel with the electric Ginetta we covered a few days ago here. Via Wired.
- The EV World According To Nissan. Nissan sees the EV world as evolving with auto companies to continue to consolidate, according to the WSJ.
- DoE Complete 1 Million Miles PHEV Test. Things are moving for plug-in hybrids, PHEV as the Department of Energy, DoE completes the first 1,000,000 miles of tests, according to CanadianDriver.
- Nano Technology Will Boost Energy Storage. Nano technology is boosting energy storage devices as defects actually improves storage capacity, according to PhysOrg.
- Energy Consumption Problem, Easy Answers. Any serious expert on the problem with growing energy consumption will tell you the answer is easy, consumer less. And this is what energy adviser Maxine Savitz is telling the world, according to PhysOrg.
That’s it for now. Stay tuned for more.