Here is a look at what is happening worldwide in the world of electric vehicles, EV and related topics.
- Electric Porsche 912 At SEMA. Another intriguing electric Porsche at the 2009 SEMA show, a 1976 912 packing 85 3.3v lithium ion batteries. They power a NetGain Warp11 DC motor, which puts go to the wheels via an original Porsche 5-speed transmission electric Porsche 912, according to GlobalPost.
- Chrysler ENVI Team Shuffle. A news to be expected from Chrysler, the ENVI team that worked on electric vehicles, EV has been disbanded in order to improve the fuel-efficiency of its line-up, according to Reuters.
- Nissan’s Electric Van. The more time goes by, the more it seems the two giants that will emerge winners of the EV race are going to be Ford and Nissan, at least for the U.S.. Nissan is unveiling glimpse of its future EV van, according to the Independent. The NV200, as it is called should arrive around 2011.
- Seattle Auto Show Posts Green Cars Also. This year has been the year of greener cars and the accent has been on hybrids and electrics. The Seattle Auto Show will also have a green accent, according to NWSource.
- Interesting Tidbit. How did Henrik Fisker get the idea for the Karma? Simply enough from watching “movie stars” buying Priuses instead of Ferraris and Rolls Royces. “A couple of years ago it started, by people who were maybe a little ahead of their time. You saw some movie starts like Leonardo DiCaprio buying a Prius… He could have bought any car in the world, and I remember seeing that on television and thinking to myself, you know, when you’ve got a guy who could buy any Ferrari or Rolls Royce and he’s buying a Prius, you know something is changing dramatically.” According to Luxist.
That’s it for now, stay tuned for more.