Here is a scan at what is happening worldwide with electric cars and related topics.
- Gordon Murray & Zytech EV. Gordon Murray and Zytech have announced a 3-seater electric vehicle, EV backed by the Technology Strategy Board, according the PR release on Reuters. The gist, the T.27 will be manufactured in the U.K. will be light and safe, and use a Zytek drivetain. Don’t laugh, it will not look like that as a final product.
- Peugeot’s BB1 Is Here. Peugeot’s new EV, the BB1 is here, according to CanvasMag. The EV has a range of 75 miles, which should be plenty sufficient for most.
- Chrysler EV Soon. But how soon? Chrysler is still planning the introduction of its two-mode hybrid Dodge RAM 1500 for 2010, followed by a PHEV demo fleet support by DOE funding in 2011 and the Introduction of battery-electric vehicles later, according to GreenCarCongress.
- BYD Sales 400,000 Vehicles. BYD posted their 400,000th vehicle sold, with January to September sales at nearly 300,000 vehicles up 170.2% higher than 2008 sales over the same period, according to ChinaCarTimes.
- YouthMobile 2030, Pretty Far Out! The YouthMobile 2030 Design Challenge has gathered many southern Californian designers unbridled their imagination, according to FastCompany. Audi, GM, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota want to know what excites you, so stop moaning and help them help us.
That’s it for now. Stay tuned for more.