A look at what is happening around the globe today with hybrids, HEV and electric vehicles, EV.
- Solar Energy In Cold Climates. Most people do not equate solar energy with cold climates but the Boulder, Colorado based company Cool Energy, Inc. is out to prove its SolarHeart, an engine designed for home use that can convert low-temperature solar energy into sustainable electricity can save up to 75% on heating oil or propane, according to TreeHugger.
- Electricity For All! Electricity For Free! That is what electricity providers for EV drivers have to face. According to GreenTech, electricity providers for EV drivers have to face with free electricity being given to EV drivers. It will be interesting to see how these providers deal with this conundrum and turn a profit, eventually.
- Europe To Spend $73 Billion On Alternative Energy. Europe is looking to triple its funding for alternative energy research to 8 billion euros, $11.7 billion a year, according to Reuters. Solar power should get 16 billion euros over the next decade, smart energy-sipping “Smart Cities” should be built, as more would go into alternative energy research.
- African Wind Power. Africa is turning its attention to its natural resource, wind energy, according to AllAfrica.
- Ottawa Likes The Insight. The OttawaCitizen has test driven the Honda Insight hybrid and likes it overall.
That’s it for now. Stay tuned for a review on the Ford Fusion hybrid test drive.