- Holden’s Volt. If GM has the Volt, Holden has access to the technology and apparently the company is putting its own twist on the concept. The result? A 640 miles, due out by 2012 at $55,000, according to CoolElectricCars.
- Electric Chinese Panda. The car, not the real thing. According to Gas2, the Chinese car Panda is due for an electrification sometime this year. It LC-E lithium-ion battery, 340V charge system, max. speed of 40 mph, and a range of 50 miles.
- Lithium Explained. Great article from EDN that explains the hows of lithium batteries. Take away? The chemistry might change but the basic principle is here to stay.
- Miami Adopts Electric Recharging Stations. Good to hear Florida is working on its electric vehicle’s, EV recharging infrastructure with Miami through one man’s vision, according to the MiamiHerald.
- BMW X6 Hybrid. BMW is getting its X6 hybrid, HEV ready, at last according to ElectricCarBlogging.
- Minneapolis’ Smart Gird. For the past year Minneapolis residents of the Wright Hennepin Cooperative Association have been using with success a a private licensed 700 MHz wireless system from Arcadian Networks that ties in many products, according to SmartGridNews.
That’s it for now. Stay tuned for more.