This fragile time we are witnessing is the redesigning of the automobile industry. Not only is it embracing a new means of fueling our transportation but also a paradigm shift in the fundamental business model.
- Piaggio’s 140MPG Hybrid Scooter. Piaggio is getting ready to produce its fascinating three-wheel hybrid scooter, with lithium batteries, according to DesignNews. It will cost $12,581. Click here for more details via GreenCarCongress.
- Ultracapcitors Tweaks. Enable IPC Corp. is working on the design of a new ultracapacitor using nanotechnology coatings that will be used for smart grid, grid stability, power quality and renewable energy, according to SolarIndustryMag.
- 1.7 Million PHEVs By 2015. Maybe the Obama administration will hit its target of over 1 million plug-in hybrids by 2015 according to this report from Pike Research, via CanadianDriver.
- U.S. Offshore Wind Energy. A Senate subcommittee approved $4.8 million for a National Center for Deepwater Offshore Wind Research at the University of Maine, via MaineBiz. The U.S. is doing well with wind energy, according to PowerIngeneeringInternational but still lags behind in the transmission of energy.
- ZipCar Picks Citroen c1 Ev’ie. ZipCar has announced they will bring an electric vehicle, EV at the heart of London, via HybridCars.
- U.S. Hydrogen Funds Restored. The Obama administration has caved to pressures form pro-hydrogen groups, such as CARB to reinstate funds for the technology, via AutoBlogGreen. We hope this now means we can point to roadblocks without the community flying into a frenzy.
That is it for now. Stay tuned for more.