The electric vehicle, EV this year is getting a serious boost for automakers everywhere, and we suspect because of the inroad, smaller startups have made.
- Better Place, The Juggernaut. After tackling Israel, the Bay Area in the U.S. and Hawaii, Denmark and Australia, Better Place is now looking to conquer Canada, according to MercuryNews.
- Electric Vehicles, Cheaper And Better (Place). Since we mentioned Better Place, Shai Agassi, the founder believes electric vehicles, EV are cheaper and better than current hybrids, according to NewsWeek.
- Plug-In Hybrid, The Logical Next Step. An obvious one but nice to hear that DesignNews also believes in the next logical step, from hybrids, HEV to plug-in hybrids, PHEV.
- Offical, PHEV Help Curb Smog! Here is something else you can say to naysayers, PHEV help reduce smog, according to Popular Mechanics.
- More On Marussia. Who’s Marussia? the new super car EV from Russia, this time with numbers; 250 miles and $100,000, but maybe the research and advancement of batteries could come from Russia’s cold environment, according to AllCarsElectric.
- Smart Grid Gets Real. Newark, N.J. is the first place to approve the use of a PHEV to store and provide power for the local electric grid, according to the NewarkPost.
- Who’s Killing The Plug-In Hybrid. For all of you conspiracy lovers, this book; East Bay Express story talks about who decided hydrogen highway were the future and are trying to kill the PHEV industry, according to Grist.