- Dodge EV Becomes Dodge Circuit. Remember the excitement about the Dodge EV, way back then? It was a surprise. what was once the Lotus re-badged Dodge has now a new face, Will the
A123 battery pack and 200 kW make it into production? Source, AutoBlogGreen.
- Tesla Roadster Gets Even Better. Introducing the S version of the already high performance Roadster, with new Yokohama Ultra High Performance and a 0-60 time of 3.7 seconds according to AutoBlogGreen. Oh yeah, and a tad more expensive at $128,500.
- Chrysler’s Own ER-EV/PHEV. The title of extended range electric vehicle, ER-EV / plug-in hybrid, PHEV is not just for GM with Chrysler dropping this bomb on everyone, a rechargeable 200C, according to EcoGeek. With 40 miles on battery alone, 400 miles on a fully charge sets of batteries, will this sedan make it into production? Nissan anyone? The bets are on.
- Prototype From Johnson Control. The re3 concept is a PHEV that can run 20 miles on battery alone from the company, according to GreenCarCongress. We can expect to see the platform in a mainstream car manufacturer.
- Smart ForTwo In The U.S.. At last, it is here, well almost, according to GreenCarCongress. Watch for the Daimler/Mercedes group to surprise us this year.
- Another BYD Record. After BYD beat every manufacturer to the block with the first mass produced PHEV, here comes the e6, a Crossover PHEV, according to ElectricCarBlogging. Impressive BYD, Build Your Dream. See also, GreenCarCongress.
- What About Ford? Ford has a video claiming a full electric vehicle, EV by 2012, according to AutoBlogGreen.
- Karma Dropped The Top! And. of course, Karma goes topless… And yes, the nose grill has be redesigned. BMW inspiration anyone?
There you go for this snapshot. We’ll take a closer look at the implication of this show on the global production of hybrids, HEV, PHEV and EVs later.