EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!
- Canary Islands Go Hybrid. Even the Canary Islands are going hybrid, HEV, according to CanaryIslandNews. This makes especially sense for smaller countries that are more affected with fluctuating oil prices.
- Consumers Don’t Want Electric And Hybrids. Really? According to Pete Geddes, executive director of the Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment (FREE), in his article: “The Inconvenient Truth About Cars.”, at OpposingViews. Though the raise the gas tax could make some sense, it seems we are caught in yet another endless debate.
- Smirk! Petroleum Company Won’t Back Obama’s Plan. Would that surprise anyone that Exxon isn’t too thrilled about Obama’s alternative energy plan? Reuters.
- Fool Awards Tesla. We love the Fool, and they awarded the Tesla Roadster as one of the best 2008 tings to happen.
- Detroit Wants More Money. Surprise, surprise but Detroit wants more money. Hoping to get more out of round 2 with the new incoming administration. It is going to be an interesting year. DetroitNews.
- Saturn Vue Hybrid Better Than Toyotas’ Camry Hybrid? That’s the question here at BusinessWeek. An SUV that does better than a sedan? Ford Escape Hybrid anyone?
- Ford Escape Hybrid 2009, Getting Better. Speaking of which, this SUV is getting better and better, with increased fuel efficiency from last year’s model, according to AJC.
- Military And Fleets Benefit From EVs. The military will lease out a few hybrids, HEVs, according to this Bloomberg article.
That’s it for now. Stay tuned for more.